Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Our NEXT Home

I've almost finished the puppy building I set up outside. Basically, a $700 rubbermaid shed... tiled the floor.... added a make-shift fence and used wood slats to seperate in half so that half will be woodchips (for potty training) and half will be newspaper/bedding/toys. The entire shed is covered with shade cloth, as is the entrance. Its encircled with 6 ft chainlink fence that has bamboo fencing attached so that the other dogs can run the yard without seeing or bothering the puppies.

THE INSIDE (wood chips will go where the bag of chips is currently


The fence is about 4 1/2 feet high with about 1 foot of wood slats at the bottom. Secured with clips to the shed so the double doors will stay open when the puppies are in there during the day.





Ok....so its a bit ghetto. But I'm a college student on a budget! Plus, after assembling the actual shed I had zero help so everything else was done by me. Yes, that means I used a screwdriver, saw, etc and finagled the entire design together. Its all about GIRL POWER folks :) Some of my finer touches include the duct tape "base board" and ample use of cable ties!

Puppies will get their first shot tomorrow so in a few days I'll let them do a day trip outside baring any unforseen changes in the weather! I actually haven't had to heat the puppy room hardly at all its been so nice! And its sunny and beautiful out right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment